Reducing errors and increasing efficiency in building and safety inspections are some of the benefits of using an inspection app or software on a mobile device.
Digital safety inspection apps help identify problems and action the solutions for safety hazards faster, with less paperwork in the process of data gathering/compilation, encoding, analysis and reporting. While the process of safety inspections and regular maintenance may be a burden on the business, using an inspection app increases the efficiency of the information being processed, and actioned upon, reducing the business risk and disruption in workflow, workforce and equipment that arises from a safety inspection.
Digital inspections and mobile technology are reducing the time between inspection, corrective actions and reporting. Mobile solutions and inspection apps are now available to accommodate different inspection parameters and safety concerns, with real time data and visuals with the use of smartphones or any other mobile devices. Paperless safety inspections are becoming the standard across industries where regular inspection and maintenance are necessary.
Here is a quick rundown of some of the benefits of paperless/digital safety inspections and mobile technology, and how to implement mobile technology for inspections:
- Absolute Mobility: Digital safety inspections keeps inspectors mobile, covering more ground and project sites as it takes less time to fill out digital forms, take necessary visual verification using the mobile device camera or using the speech to text capabilities. As digital forms are available on smartphones, tablets and phablets, information is easier to access, share and send out just about anywhere and anytime.
- Real Time Reporting: Inspection apps are efficient, as reporting happens in real time. Assessment and evaluations via mobile solutions and applications send out the data to management as its happening, cutting down time on data gathering/compilation, encoding, sorting, analysis and reporting through channels. Its easy to access previous data/reports for comparative purposes, to plan corrective actions, spot trends or further verification. A paperless safety inspection app deems it unnecessary to go through channels but rather opens up the route of communication wherein all concerned management staff have access to the information in a timely manner or as it is happening.
- Complete Flexibility: Digital safety inspection apps are easily customisable to the needs of the organisation. Totally flexible to different business practices across industries from construction management, mining, transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing, utilities, property management and food/agriculture – just to name a few. It is not about one size fits all, but rather all sizes fit one package.
- Rugged mobile devices fit for the task: When the mobile device is so intrinsic to the task, it is important to keep it protected and charged. The investment into a protective drop-proof, waterproof case for a mobile phone, iPad or tablet is well worth it for ensuring that your device is ready for work. When a mobile device becomes intrinsic to the work you do, any downtime from breaks or a flat battery is lost productivity. A case with certifications on its level of protection can help you be sure that you have the correct case for the job at hand.
- WHS for Mobile Devices: The right mounts or straps make it easier for users to concentrate on the work they are doing instead of handling their mobile device, reducing the risk of an accident in the workplace. Functional accessories such as a shoulder strap or hard grip, or a vehicle mount or table stand, put the device where it is needed and increase productivity, reduce the risk of damaging the device or the user.
- Device Fleet Management: Managing devices for a team can be a hidden cost, as it takes time to recharge and update software on devices. Secure charging stations can be the solution for where devices are stored at the end of the day, recharging and storing from 5 to 40 devices. iOS (Apple) devices can be updated enmasse with a charging station that also has syncing capability.
Digital inspection apps create a proactive environment for safety concerns and compliance to existing standards as it becomes more engaging to management and all those concerned with the compliance and issues that may rise on certain events. Having mobile devices that are work-day usable with functional accessories delivers on the promise of inspection apps and software: paperless safety inspection solutions that reduce cost and increase efficiency for business.
Maximise Technology www.maximisetechnology.com.au provides businesses, education and other users of mobile technology with a full range of protective cases, mounts and charging solutions for mobile technology.
Pervidi www.pervidi.com.au develops software and apps to automate any type of inspection, field work, or data collection process, designed to work with mobile technology.
Partnered together, Maximise Technology and Pervidi help businesses maximise technology to automate inspections and business processes.